Thursday, April 28, 2011

Whats in your mouth!?!?!?

Oral fixation or just morbid curiosity? I am not sure but for some reason kids love putting things into their little mouths.Anything within arms reach will do. My daughter is no different. For example at a photo shoot at a neighbor's home we brought out beads as props. Well those bad boys made her smile. Apparently they tasted like Similac because in her mouth they went and stayed...for about an hour.

She loves her blanket and her hand, and the hand of anyone holding her. Not sure what other babies like so here is a list of Lilly's top ten things she puts in her mouth. Notice pacifier or binky are not on this list

10. Bottle, because a girl has gotta eat
 9. Blanket, because without teeth your mouth gets cold
 8.Spit up rag, who doesn't like seconds
 7. Toys, how else do you play with them
 6. Someone else's fingers, you weren't sucking on it
 5. My wife's pillows, I ain't letting her touch mine
 4. Bath toys, different taste than regular toys due to soap and water flavoring yummy
 3. Her little feet, I admit I do it too, her feet not mine I can't stretch like that. Not since I was in show choir.
 2. Cell phones, smartphones make her giggle in 4G speeds
 and #1. Charger cords for phones and laptops! Because electricity and drool really go together

She is a pretty cute kid and I love her. Now how do I get my BlackBerry back? Well,at least I know that she likes fruit.

Also I am going to add a parenting tip at the end of every blog posting because honestly who knows more about parenting than some guy with an 8 month old that likes sucking on power cords

Tip of the day: If something happens to your child that doesn't leave a mark, do not tell your spouse! This only applies to the kids that still don't talk. =-)

1 comment:

  1. You tip is funny!

    Some kids put EVERYTHING In their mouth. My oldest daughter would turn and suck on her arm and give herself hickies! My oldest son would just look at things and NEVER put them in his mouth--except for a HUGE moth (of ALL the things he ever put in his mouth WHY did it have to be the LIVING thing?).

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a city boy living in farm country with my wife and daughter. She has a demanding job in the medical field so I stay home most of the time and take care of our daughter, Lilly. These are our adventures!