Monday, April 23, 2012

Toothless Aggression

My little girl is growing up. After 18 months, she is finally cutting her teeth. She can eat more foods, harder ones anyway since she gum chewed everything from chicken nuggets to lettuce. Impressive,I know.
However, along with the long awaited dental digits has come her age of rage. Commonly referred to as the terrible twos. A time when no means yes and a tantrum in the store resembles a freshly caught fish floundering in your boat. Hitting and biting also enters the home. For the most part, Lilly is pretty good. But she still has her Hyde moments. Our pediatrician won't subscribe anti psychotics...yet.

It's tough to see your sweet innocent baby transform into the Incredible Hulk, and rampage through Walmart, when you look your very best, screaming "I want!" Instead of "Hulk Smash" but it's the same thing. Patience is key. I realize she all developing and growing and coming into herself. It's a daily thing. It's just as hard for her. It has to be because she is the one shedding the tears.

Tip of the day: never say "no" unless you want it to become their favorite response to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a city boy living in farm country with my wife and daughter. She has a demanding job in the medical field so I stay home most of the time and take care of our daughter, Lilly. These are our adventures!